Network Security Toolkit (NST v1.4.0)
This release is based on Fedora Core 4 using the Linux Kernel: 2.6.15-1.1831_FC4 or 2.6.15-1.1831_FC4smp. Many new NST WUI features and capabilities have been included with this distribution:
* Time Management – NTP, hardware clock and system clock management.
* Network Packet Capture – An enhanced NST WUI web-based front-end to the tethereal network protocol anaylzer.
* Network Packet Capture Manager – Provides a means to manage network packet capture files on a NST probe.
* An enhanced NST WUI web-based file system mounting page.
* PDF rendering for most output including network packet capture decoding.
* Enhanced directory and file viewing pages with auto refresh.
* Introduced browser session saving for many NST WUI pages.
* Add a simpilfied front-end to the NST WUI for beginner users.
* Network Monitoring – integrated the Nagios networking tool into the NST WUI.
* Better navigation and flow when using the NST WUI pages.
Most networking and security applications have been updated to their latest version.